Jack Shaft

It's time for me to redesign the GR-5. There are some changes I want to do on the engine that will improve its performance and ease of use. I wanted to have these changes completed before attempting to run the GR-5 in the Turbotug. Although I am reluctant to change the current design of the GR-5, these changes make a big difference.
The first amendment to GR-5 will be the transmission. I above was added an automotive alternator and a shaft binding GR-5. The jackshaft was created to allow use a go kart clutch for driving the rear wheels. Recently I decided to add a system of two-speed clutch transmission. After finding a clutch system over, I made space for a second jackshaft bearing the second speed clutch. The clutch system uses a two-speed ratio of 02:01 and 1:01 to move the unit after a certain speed is achieved. Not sure how well this will work, but I'll give it a try.
 

The clutch system was made by Comet Industries for years for mini bike applications. Do not make this system any longer, but I was able to find one on eBay.
After some minor modifications in the secondary jackshaft, I was able to configure the two-speed system to fit within GR-5 engine. I installed a set of pillow block bearings on the secondary jackshaft, preparing for disposition of the support plates.
He has a double main clutch gear that uses two roller chains to drive two different gears. The large gear (1st gear 2:01) is a roller bearing, so that one is disabled when the second speed (1:01) clutch engages, the increased shaft speed 100%. I'm sure the system will require a little more adapted to the speed and torque of the GR-5, but for now I will complete the manufacturing base. I welded to the bearing supports for the secondary jack shaft and washers used as wedges for alignment.

The shaft sprocket has 12 teeth bonding and shaft drive sprocket has 84 teeth which gives a ratio of 07:01. The transmission has a ratio of 02:01 in 1st gear and 1:01 in seconds. The two systems together make a 14:01 in 1st gear and 7:01 in the second. In my calculations, the GRV-1 should have a top speed of around 25 MPH with the power turbine spinning 15,000 RPM. While the GR-5 was still in working order, which launched to test the alignment of the roller chains. By blocking the Turbotug to allow the wheels
After some testing, I concluded that the main clutch was not participating in the RPM well, so I dismounted and stretched the clutch spring with increasing increments. After some testing I had the correct settings and the clutch engaged at 1200 RPM. I put the GRV-1 entry and strangled her to see if she was going to shoot. I was surprised to see the kart push their way to my house, which is on a slope. Well, actually not surprising, rather relieved, because everything would be in vein if it has not worked. I was very tempted to drive the Turbotug but had no way to safely control the throttle, so I chose to wait until completion.

The following modification to the GR-5 was the installation of a tail fan. The blower spooler acts as a starter motor and allow the GR-5 to start by itself without the use of external support teams. I wanted to fit the fan in the current GR-5 frame so I removed the old control panel, battery, throttle valve and ignition controller.
Without the battery, earned a lot of space. Now I had an idea of ​​the amount of space that could be used for a print queue blower. Although, without a battery system or control, the engine could not function until the new ECU was built and installed. This made testing the ventilation is difficult, so it would work or not. Now I was in search of a lightweight 12 volt fan that would be able to push enough air through the GR-5 to start. I was able to find a blower eBay impressive steamed to perfection. I had bought a tent volt Makita cordless blower / vacuum 12 (Cat # UB121DZ) that is very lightweight and powerful. The fan is advertised as having 18,000 RPM (no load) and exhaust air speed to 179 MPH. Store These blowers are made for different voltages (battery configuration) and 12 volt version was perfect for my application. I bought mine without battery or charger, which was fine, because it would be changing anyway. I tried to see how much current the fan used and found that at startup, the fan draws more than 23 amps. During normal operation, the fan draws over Makita amps 13.5 to 12.75 volts. After studying the design of the fan, I started to hack it to suit my needs. I removed the handle portion of the housing and intake smoothed with a Dremel tool for better drainage.
All systems are in place, with the exception of the ECU. Unfortunately, without the ECU, the engine can not be proven. I have really wanted to know if the fan will work, but not hot-wired all systems, you can not start the engine, so I'll wait for the ECU. So the next step is to design an ECU that controls the GR-5 across all operational stages. I'm also going to have to create a control panel that will communicate with the ECU's GR-5 and also the future of the ECU. Because I changed the design and engine operation GR-5, I'll change the name GR-5A ("A" for automatic startup). Hopefully it works as I have the intention and be able to be completely independent. For now, I have to get to work and design the electronic part of this project.
0 Komentar untuk "Jack Shaft"

Back To Top